"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid" - Michel Gondry

Thursday 17 February 2011

Website

Here is a link to our website!

http://www.wix.com/stanevans93/vampire-weekend

I feel I have managed to create a website that directly promotes our own project without straying beyond the boudaries of a professional and authentic band website. I think the key to this was finding a balance between linking the website directly to our own work, while maintaining a realistic and believable feel within the website.
The website contains a mix between official band pictures (such as promotional photo shoot pictures and live performances) and some of our own work (digipak covers that we produced on Photoshop and screenshots from our music video).
While trying to stick to various conventions used in the official Vampire Weekend website, I tried to give the website it's own identity, in the sense that I moved away from the official fonts, and employed a plain black background (which is an effect that we have also used with out digipak).
I found Wix an extremely useful programme, and it made the whole process a lot easier than I had anticipated, and I feel that it has enabled me to produce a website that we are all very pleased with.

1 comment:

  1. Can you try to re-embed the link as it does not seem to want to work for me! You might need to do it as a new post.

    ReplyDelete