"Every great idea is on the verge of being stupid" - Michel Gondry

Friday 4 February 2011

The Editing Process

After finishing our filming for our production on Saturday we have began on the editing process. I uploaded all our footage on Monday and have began editing our clips, we have made some good progress this week and the video is falling into place nicely.

I predict we will have finished our editing by next Friday (11th) and will then have one week drawing up our evaluation together using feedback from audiences and our entire production should be finished and burnt onto a disk by Friday the 18th of February.

As this is the first time I have used Final Cut it has been very challenging for me, learning everything from scratch and using only mine and my teachers' knowledge. We have come across many problems which we have struggled to cope with throughout editing, such as manipulating clips in new ways, reversing shots, speed shots up, rotating the frames and also how to display audio waves. I had to use external resources to figure out problems such as YouTube videos and Online Forums.

I have learnt a lot throughout this last week. I now feel a lot more comfortable on Final Cut Express, I will continue to edit the last parts of our production together next week until I am happy that it is up to standard.

Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment